Tags will return soon...
Episode 13 - Becoming a Developer
We're taking a different approach to this weeks show, there is no guest it's just me, on my own sat here talking to you guys and girls out there.
The aim of the podcast is to help you to improve your development knowledge and career, but some of you out there you don't have a career yet and need to know how to get started.
So I am going to make this a regular thing, every other week in between the interviews and I want to cover a lot of topics from where to start to what routes you can go with your career, how to get yourself out there and how to get from your career.
In this Episode we cover the below steps.
- Don't try and learn everything
- Get Involved in the Tech Communities
- Build something useful it will teach you a lot
- Find your Splinter, Yoda, Mr Miyagi or your rockstar! in short find a mentor!
- Use the internet to learn!
- Experiment! set yourself a project to do.
Remember to pick up your FREE audio book from Audible - http://CynicalDeveloper-Beta.com/audible
Services we mentioned
Host your code for free
GitHub - http://github.com
Amazon's Audible - http://CynicalDeveloper-Beta.com/audible
On YouTube - http://www.codeshare.co.uk/youtube