This episode is about Everything I wish I knew as newbie developer, and was recorded live at the Chester Devs - Junior Developer Event in Chester, United Kingdom.
- Don’t learn to code, learn to problem solve
- coding isnt a linear progression
- If it works first time, you did it wrong
- Programming isn’t just a day job its a way of life
- Distractions are everywhere
- Don’t be precious, you’re not a snow flake
- If you are not struggling you’re in the wrong job
- If youre the smartest programmer in the room, you’re in the wrong room
- If you cant change your job, change your job
If you would like the Cynical Developer to speak at your local meetup, then get in touch and we'll see what we can do.
More about Chester Devs:
Please leave a comment, positive, negative or just something weird.
James Studdart is a full stack .NET developer, solutions architect and team leader based in the UK. He has experience in a wide range of markets from tropical fish and domestic services to international freight and the holiday industry, to name but a few.
He doesn’t know the meaning of downtime…