In this episode we discuss getting promoted
We are going to talk about getting promoted, not matter if that is from junior to developer, developer to senior or above. There are some fundamental targets you should fulfillp to make help your employer recognise your worth.
We are going to cover 6 tips, these are:
- Be reliable, and build reliable software.
- Master the architecture. Then play with it and learn it!
- Get things done
- Be proactive in helping others succeed.
- Have a cool head and a sense of humour.
- If you can’t change your job or Change your job
Books to help you improve your abilities
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship (Robert C. Martin) http://amzn.to/2m1u8il
- The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers (Robert C. Martin) http://amzn.to/2nGk2Qa
- Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction (Steve McConnell) http://amzn.to/2mKrnPy
- The Pragmatic Programmer (Andrew Hunt) http://amzn.to/2mtGbAm
- Implementing Domain-Driven Design (Vaughn Vernon) http://amzn.to/2mtBEhy
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture (Martin Fowler) http://amzn.to/2m1AqOV
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code (Martin Fowler) http://amzn.to/2mKrB9w
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code (Michael Feathers) http://amzn.to/2mtIbZt
- Head First Design Patterns (Eric Freeman, Elisabeth Robso, Bert Bates, Kathy Sierra) http://amzn.to/2mtCmve